Creating Educational Resources to Teach Genetics.
For more than two decades, d’Vinci has partnered with the NIH National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) to create educational resources for the public and medical community. Working closely with the NHGRI Education and Community Involvement Branch, d’Vinci has designed and developed a wide array of educational resources, supported program implementation and created ongoing educational outreach. d’Vinci helped NHGRI and the Smithsonian Institutes celebrate the 10-year anniversary of the decoding of the human genome with an exhibit companion website and interactive learning experiences. In addition, NHGRI worked with d’Vinci to create five genomic educational websites for healthcare educators and practitioners. Together, we built two important educational resources, the Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms and a career-focused Genomic Careers website in support of public education initiatives.
- NHGRI projects included these features:
- Responsive websites driven by a Drupal Content Management System
- 3-D animations and virtual exhibit tour
- Image and video asset gallery
- CME/CNE accreditation
- Program management
- Newsletter and email outreach
- Native iOS app design and development for iPad and iPhone
- Custom application design and development
- Learning game design and development
- Career interview and case study video filming and editing
- Ongoing application maintenance and support
Several projects developed by d’Vinci for NHGRI have been recognized with prestigious industry awards.Yes 423 3 Unlocking Life's Code In and Beyond Africa What do you think? Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms