Custom Student Tracking / Learning Management System Development
If you could design the perfect Learning Management System (LMS), what would you include?
Most likely, a system designed to meet your needs would be much simpler to learn and implement than most of the off-the-shelf solutions available.
That is what díVinci focuses on: creating a system that is optimized and ideal for your situation. Needless to say, that includes tracking student progress through courses, but it can mean so much more Ė whatever you need for it to mean.
The díVinci Student Tracking / Learning Management System provides the following advantages:
- A totally customizable solution, designed to meet your specific needs
- The ability to visually match the look of your LMS to the look of your courses and/or branding. In fact, it can be totally invisible to students if desired. With complete design flexibility, the díVinci system can run unseen in the background or be totally integrated within the course
- In most instances, new or existing online courses can quickly be converted into tracked courses. Unless desired, there is no need for complex SCORM implementations
- As a totally scalable solution, you can start small, say with one course, and modify the system as your needs change
- Its easy to set it up so that students only see lessons and modules based on specific job descriptions or other attributes
As with most other LMSs, the díVinci system:
- Tracks and provides extensive reporting on the data that you want: Individuals, groups, or entire organizations
- Provides export capabilities of all data for use in word processors, spreadsheets, databases, and email programs
- Allows for your courses to be developed using most modern technologies, including HTML, video, Flash, and Captivate
To SCORM or Not to SCORM
d’Vinci Interactive has two options for use as a core starting point for our tracking systems. The solution we suggest for you will depend on your needs.
- We can start with Moodle as the backbone to create a SCORM–compliant solution that is customized for your specific needs. This solution has significant limitations compared to a non–SCORM compliant solution, but may be more appropriate if you are planning on purchasing off–the–shelf courses that you want to include as part of your training offerings.
- We can start with our own tracking system. While not SCORM–compliant, this solution ensures that you get exactly the functionality you want.
The d’Vinci team can recommend and implement the solution that is right for your project.
With either approach, we can keep it simple enough for students to start using immediately. Unlike some systems, your students will not need to take a course just to learn how to use the LMS before they can take the courses relevant for their job.
Most customization is fast and relatively inexpensive.
In addition to custom LMS creation, we can also provide a custom content management system (CMS) so that you have complete control of course creation as well as how it is deployed.
Track what you choose to track
- Completion of sections, modules or individual pages
- Test scores
- Course feedback
- Continuing education credits
- Testing and attendance for live and CD-based courses
Every system we build has its unique aspects, but here are a few of the more common features that we build into many tracking systems:
- Limiting access to more advanced content until mastery of previous content is proven
- Downloadable handouts and supporting material
- Email notification of course registration and successful completion
- Certificates on completion
- Reports configured to meet your needs
- Student feedback and surveys
- Open source code–enabling deployment anywhere
Additional, Optional Features
- Integrated content management system (CMS) capabilities
- Smart branching within courses based on student choices
- Bulletin boards, forums, and other community building tools
- Credit card transactions
- The ability to work with ODBC, SQL, or other databases
Pricing for the d’Vinci Student Tracking / Learning Management System is based on the amount of customization required. This can start as low as $5,000 or be well above $50,000. The number of students using the system does not affect the price; the end price depends more on the level of sophistication and customization required of the system.
Unlike some of our public websites, we cannot give you behind-the-scenes access to demonstrate a working LMS. However, if you contact us we can show you some examples that have limited functionality for presentation purposes.
The following are examples from our portfolio that utilize our student tracking system:
- The National Park Service WebRangers website
- MedImmuneís RSV Connection Provider Portal Training
- Multi Systems Inc.ís EnterprisePM Software Tutorial
- The Center on Congress at Indiana Universityís Teaching with Primary Sources website
- ChaCha University, Guide Training
- Sud Chemie Training
- State of Californiaís Healthy Families Online Training
... and the following National Institutes of Health courses:
- Introduction to the Principles and Practices of Clinical Research
- Clinical Research Training
- Protecting Human Research Participants
- Good Clinical Practice with the Clinical Trials Network
- Clinical Research Curriculum Certificate
- Using Animals in Intramural Research
- Animal Use Refresher Course for Principal Investigators
- Protecting Human Research Subjects
For more information or to discuss how we can create a student tracking system for your specific needs, contact us today.
Take an interactive tour of the d’Vinci STS
(Flash 6+ required)